Today we will take an in-depth look at the best keyboards for beats make. Besides, these keyboards are all options that allow you to start creation of beats in your bedroom or studio. Again, music producers uses the best resources to create beats and music with. In fact, hip-hop and EDM music are both styles of music that require catchy and fun beats for their tracks. Thus, if you are a producer who wish to make beats in which you’re utilize your piano background, you may want to look for best beat to make keyboard with more keys. Now, if you are a producer who relies on their ear and doesn’t have a piano background, you may want to go with fewer keys and more pads.
Also, it is necessary to know that these types of keyboards are very many on the market and you need to pay proper attention before you can get the best. Hence, we have outlined the various keyboards that will serve your purpose and deliver the best beat keyboards you can ever imagine.
- List of Best Keyboards for Making Beats
- 1. Akai Professional MPK249 | 49 Key Semi Weighted USB MIDI Keyboard Controller Including Core Control From The MPC Workstations
- 2. AKAI Professional APC Key 25 | USB MIDI Keyboard Controller featuring 25 Piano Style Keys, 40 Buttons and 8 Assignable Encoders, for Ableton Live
- 3. Korg KRONOS2 88 Key (KRONOS8)
- 4. Alesis VMini | Portable 25-Key USB MIDI Keyboard Controller with 4 Backlit Sensitive Pads, 4 Assignable Encoders and Professional Software Suite with ProTools | First Included, MultiColored (V Mini)
- 5. ammoon Worlde Panda mini Portable Mini 25-Key USB Keyboard and Drum Pad MIDI Controller
- 6. Roland A-500PRO-R 49-key MIDI Keyboard Controller, Black
- 7. Arturia Keylab 49 Essential Controller Best Keyboards For Making Beats
- 8. Akai Professional MPK Mini Play | Standalone Mini Keyboard & USB Controller With Built In Speaker, MPC Style Pads, On board Effects, 128 Instrument & 10 Drum Sounds, & Software Suite Included
- 9. Novation 49SL MkIII, 49-Key Midi Controller Best Keyboards For Making Beats
- 10. LTGEM Travel Hard Carrying Case for Akai Professional MPK Mini MKII & MPK Mini Play | 25-Key Ultra-Portable USB MIDI Drum Pad & Keyboard Controller
- Guide to Buying for the Best Keyboards For Making Beats
- Final verdict
List of Best Keyboards for Making Beats
1. Akai Professional MPK249 | 49 Key Semi Weighted USB MIDI Keyboard Controller Including Core Control From The MPC Workstations
First, the MPK 249 from Akai Professional is a performance pad and keyboard that makes beats controller that combines software integration, enhanced workflow and core technologies from the MPC workstations. Again, there is a comprehensive interface for manipulation of virtual instruments, effect plug-ins, DAWs, and more.
Additionally, the keyboard to make beats is optimized to interface directly with a Mac or PC computer with USB power and plug-and-play connectivity.
Furthermore, the controller features forty-nine semi-weighted, velocity-sensitive keys with aftertouch, eight assignable knobs, faders, and switches, sixteen MPC-style pads with RGB feedback, and onboard transport buttons.
- Semi-weighted and sensitive keys.
- Uses PC and Mac high quality interface.
- High quality keyboard controller with unique performance.
- Illuminated with MPC-style and 16RGB.
- Control 8 knobs assignable Control.
2. AKAI Professional APC Key 25 | USB MIDI Keyboard Controller featuring 25 Piano Style Keys, 40 Buttons and 8 Assignable Encoders, for Ableton Live
Basically, it is designed for the performing musician or the conventional composer, APC Key 25 is the first Ableton Live controller from Akai Professional that is equipped with a high-performance keyboard and rhymes well with best electric bass guitar.
Besides, when you unite the power of a clip-launching panel with a keyboard interface, APC Key 25 couples real-time control of Ableton Live with traditional composition tools: create melodies, compose bass lines, and play chords with 25 synth-action mini keys. Again, there are dedicated buttons for Octave Up, Octave Down, and Sustain expand the expressive capabilities of the Best Keyboards For Making Beats, enable you to tap into the full melodic range and perform with classic piano-style sustain.
Furthermore, Tri-color lighting provides visual feedback and displays. Also, there are three clip statuses loaded, play, and record. Thus, you can intelligently perform without a check at your computer.
- Tri-color offers great displays and feedback.
- Dedicated and built in quality buttons.
- Help in creation of melodies.
- Key APC 25 with high performance.
- Performs music in convectional way.
3. Korg KRONOS2 88 Key (KRONOS8)
Ordinarily, If you’re are on the look for something top of the range then you might have found the perfect instrument in Korg Kronos 2 best beat making keyboard. Besides, this is a beautiful instrument with a sleek body, and gorgeous wooden sides, it has Korg’s legendary RH3 hammer action keys. This means that because of their wide range of touch sensitivity this instrument is adaptable for edit across the velocity curve.
Additionally, it also has a new SGX-2 grand piano engine and comes with a huge library of a range of different sounds. Besides, this new engine enhances the tones and adds the Berlin Grand as a new tone as well.
Furthermore, it is a truly excellent best beat keyboard workstation great for professionals, or enthusiastic amateurs. Again, they are versatile instrument thanks to the weighted keys and the Touch Vision display.
- Versatile vision display and weighted keys.
- Excellent and true keyboard workstation.
- Enhances Berlin Grand and tones.
- Comes in wide variety of sounds.
- Wide range sensitive keys.
4. Alesis VMini | Portable 25-Key USB MIDI Keyboard Controller with 4 Backlit Sensitive Pads, 4 Assignable Encoders and Professional Software Suite with ProTools | First Included, MultiColored (V Mini)
To begin with, make music wherever you go! Introduce the Alesis V Mini, a powerful, intuitive, and ultra portable MIDI keyboard controller, designed for musicians and producers seeking to take total command of virtual instruments and digital audio workstations.
Besides, fusing a convenient USB powered design, 25 expressive velocity sensitive synth action mini keys, 4 backlit velocity sensitive pads, 4 assignable knobs. Therefore, they make beats keyboard mainstays (including octave, pitch bend, modulation, and sustain buttons) plus the critically acclaimed Xpand!2 virtual instrument from AIR Music Tech. Their V Mini provides the ultimate solution to unleash your creativity whether you in the studio or on the move.
Additionally, everything you need for expressive performances is here fuse 25 velocity sensitive keys, Octave Up/Down buttons, four assignable knobs and four velocity sensitive backlit pads. Thus, you will take command of your virtual instruments and harness the power of your digital audio workstation couldn’t be easier.
- Harness variety of instruments.
- Creative and ultimate overall solution.
- Expressive sensitive velocity.
- Controls workstations and instruments.
- Intuitive and powerful product.
5. ammoon Worlde Panda mini Portable Mini 25-Key USB Keyboard and Drum Pad MIDI Controller
No products found.
No products found.
Generally, it is not hard to see that the MIDI best beat making best beat making keyboard comes loaded with keys, pads, and knobs. Besides, with ultimate customization, it is among the recommended solutions when it comes to the ultimate production freedom.
Additionally, with 25 velocity keys, you can get started on your own masterpiece. Besides, even more, the design includes 3 assignable control knobs which make it one of the most interesting options when it comes to fading. Additionally, with pitch down, pitch up and octave, it offers functions which beginners need to master.
Furthermore, with plug-and-play USB connectivity, the Best Keyboards For Making Beats is among the solutions in the class of affordable designs. Besides, even with a full set of controls, it comes with a weight of just 742 grams which makes it one of the lightest solutions in its category. Thus, you can take it to school, to the studio or wherever you play away from home.
- 742 grams overall weight.
- Consist of pitch up, octave and pitch down.
- Assignable three control knobs.
- Gives an ultimate customization.
6. Roland A-500PRO-R 49-key MIDI Keyboard Controller, Black
First, if you’re on the look for keyboard controllers that you can use in the studio, on-stage, or anywhere you feel inspired, look no further than the Roland A-500PRO-R (Roland).
Besides, combine the best of Roland engineer with Cakewalk’s legendary ease-of-use. Again, the A-500PRO has the features and feel you need to get the most out of your music performances and productions.
Additionally, when you perform with the A-500PRO best beat make keyboard, you will tap into the benefits of over 30 years of Roland keyboard to make beats development. In fact, all controls are easily accessible and intelligently laid out to make performance and production of music an inspiring affair
- Intelligent and simple to assemble controls.
- Spongy and solid keys.
- Drivers are simple to map up.
- Comfortable and simple to clean.
- Light and solidly constructed.
7. Arturia Keylab 49 Essential Controller Best Keyboards For Making Beats
Generally, there are few more things than when you want to sit down and make music but find yourself sink all your time and efforts into inspire sounds or, worse yet, get your system to work at all.
Additionally, Arturia’s KeyLab Essential 49 best beat making keyboard is a virtual instrument workstation that’s perfect to prevent exactly that sort of problem from derail. Again, between the controller’s top-notch keybed, comprehensive hands-on controls, and total integration with the thousands of sounds in Arturia’s Analog Lab 4 software, KeyLab Essential just plain works.
Furthermore, it is an amaze experience that lets you take your ideas and turn them into fresh tracks in no time.
- Comes with nine encoders and faders.
- Plastic frame and decent build quality.
- Tight and quiet keyboard action.
- The overall keyword has unique layout.
- Simple to map and quality editor.
8. Akai Professional MPK Mini Play | Standalone Mini Keyboard & USB Controller With Built In Speaker, MPC Style Pads, On board Effects, 128 Instrument & 10 Drum Sounds, & Software Suite Included
Generally, ultra-portable MPK Mini Play best beat making keyboard is based on the world’s most popular midi controller Akai Professional’s MPK Mini. Besides, now it comes packed with 128 sounds and its own built-in speaker.
Again, with 8 backlit MPC drum pads and a 4-way joystick for simple control, players have all they need to play their music anytime, anywhere. Besides, not just Best Keyboards For Making Beats, the MPK Mini Play can also connect to a computer via USB port for the same plug-and-play MIDI functionality as the classic MPK Mini controllers.
Again, if not disturbing others is a priority, players can use the mini-audio output jack to connect headphones to the MPK Mini Play.
- Mini quality audio ports.
- Miniplay and functional MIDI.
- MPC 8 backlit 4 way drum pads with simple controls.
- 128 sounds simplify connection process.
- Support professional and bundled production.
9. Novation 49SL MkIII, 49-Key Midi Controller Best Keyboards For Making Beats
Basically, innovation SL MKIII best beat keyboard is the centerpiece that can be used to control your whole studio, working alongside your DAW.
Besides, make works with your hardware easy and reward, and construct your next production in the 8 track polyphonic sequencer, with everything in sync.
Again, bring MIDI hardware and CV/gate synths together by plug them all into SL MKIII, take total control directly from the internal eight-track polyphonic pattern-based sequencer. Additionally, the five color LCD screens give you full parameter feedback, enable you to see everything you control. Besides, there are real time record or input notes per step.
- LCD five color parameter LCD screens.
- Eight-track internal quality sequence.
- Support construction of polyphonic sequencer.
- Novation SL centerpiece control MKIII.
- Mind-blowing internal eight arrangements.
10. LTGEM Travel Hard Carrying Case for Akai Professional MPK Mini MKII & MPK Mini Play | 25-Key Ultra-Portable USB MIDI Drum Pad & Keyboard Controller
First, we have specially designed the case to fit your Akai MPK Mini MKII making beats keyboard for beats.
Additionally, thick foam inside provides the best buffer. The he hard EVA material is semi-waterproof, shockproof and durable to protect your MKII controller from bumps and splashes. Besides, the case has a sturdy handle makes it easy to carry on the go.
Basically, inner structure has ample room for cable and accessories, sleek yet durable 360-degree zipper for easy opening and closing. Again, with the Novation 49SL MkIII, you’ll take control of your projects like never before.
- Ample room in inner structure.
- Sturdy handle simplifies transportation.
- Shockproof and semi-waterproof.
- Specially designed with variety of beats.
- Support velocity and response sensitivity.
Guide to Buying for the Best Keyboards For Making Beats
First, if you want to make an informed decision with your keyboard to make beats, you need to look at the features which are most important. In some cases, you might even need to consider smaller details such as extra buttons, keys or simply a more appeal design. Basically, here is what you need to consider.
Number of keys
First, the number of keys is crucial. While a budget 61-key design can be a challenge, you can find plenty of great solutions in the 25-32 range. Again, it is also why you need to consider the possible limitations you have with such solutions.
The feel of the best beat keyboard can be quite different from design to design. The feel of the keyboards is very different. But since you will find most designs on the market are actually synth-action, it is better to compare other functionalities if you are undecided when it comes to your preferred product.
Extra controls can go a long way. Once you finish the initial learn stages, you will be able to see the benefit extra controls bring. It is why you have the capacity to use the devices which come with drum pads, adjustment knobs, and programmable knobs.
Basically, most of the keyboards are compatible with popular operate systems. Besides, compatibility should not be an issue with modern products. Again, all of them should come with USB data transfer which has already proven to be reliable. Even more, having the ability to connect the device to a tablet can come with added freedom when away from home.
Generally, functionality of the keyboard is influenced by its design and best trombone mouthpiece for high notes. But at the same time, the design of the keyboard also needs to fit your own working space. Again, since you need to reduce mouse interaction as much as possible, keep the keyboard that makes beats in a location which allows you unrestricted access is often a matter of design.
Basically, all new producers are looking to work with Pro Tools. User profiles are important, especially when it comes to saving your own work and settings. Therefore, you should always look for the keyboard which actually remembers your preferences after you turn it off. At the same time, the memory is of the device is closely tied to the number of options you have.
Basically, selection of the keyboard that makes beats to make beats is not as easy if you are a beginner. Besides, you might even feel overwhelmed with all the options you have and you would also need to learn the basic characteristics of a keyboard before making the purchase. However, there are many user friendly options to consider. Besides, you will play various digital sounds. Generally, it is not easy but you can take advantage of the simplicity these Best Keyboards For Making Beats come with. Furthermore, the proper software choices are recommended as well. Again, nothing can influence your projects negatively faster than use of the wrong software which can be too complicated for your needs.
Additionally, the best keyboard for beats is Akai Professional MPK249 | 49 Key Semi Weighted USB MIDI Keyboard Controller. Besides, this keyboard features assignable Control – 24 assignable Q-Link controllers. Additionally, it compromises of 8 control knobs, faders and switches engineered for hassle-free DAW / virtual instrument mapping.